By making a mention of “website performance” reference is being made to the speed with which the content of a site loads. Here, “performance” also includes the important aspect of the dependability of a website, in terms of interactions with users.
Sites that fail to reach even the minimum level of speed do not help the cause of businesses. This article is going to examine some of the primary reasons why website performance is crucial for the success of business organizations.
- In the contemporary times of rapidly evolving digital technologies, more and more people prefer to interact with businesses through their websites. The performance of a site has now become such a pivotal element that slow websites are impacting business credibility. When a website is sluggish, consumers are not hesitant to label the business as lacking trustworthiness.
- A salient point has been observed in the markets, following extensive research. Roughly 75% of the users who are dissatisfied with the performance of a site during their first visit, will be reluctant to again access that website. Thus, a website with substandard performance seriously lags behind, with respect to retention of users. And, this is gravely detrimental to the future of a business, especially given the fierce competition in the markets.
- Websites that consistently perform automatically secure high rankings of Google search. These sites are displayed in the top Google search results, and this is a significant aspect.
Modern-day Internet users choose to give importance only to the top search results. They aren’t inclined to go on scrolling down the page. So, it is obvious that a site that does not conform to the basic performance standards won’t be visible to people. This impacts the corresponding business entity in a negative way, over a period of time.
- When the website of a business organization is able to constantly maintain the needed performance levels, there is a marked rise in the CR (conversion rate). CR means the number of people who go ahead and buy the product/service, in relation to the total visitors to the website. Enhanced CR is an indicator of the growth of the business.
In this connection, the findings of a fairly recent study must be highlighted. If a business manages to increase the loading time of its site by even one second, the rate of conversion could grow by about 2%.
- Businesses are advised to make a note of an aspect of paramount relevance. If the website consumes a comparatively lengthy span to get loaded, the resultant issue is going to be not just about losing the prospects.
The fact is that most of these users shall lose no time in visiting the sites of competitors. And, if these sites are successful in providing an enhanced experience to users, they don’t hesitate to purchase the products/services. Therefore, if a business is negligent about website performance, it would indirectly contribute to the success of competing entities.
- Today, the good performance of websites is connected to the brand image. Hence, if an organization wants to further the reputation of its brand, the all-important facet of the presence of performing websites should not be ignored.
The subject “website performance “ is a vast one and all its points cannot be covered in a small write-up. Yet, a sincere attempt has been made to cover the most relevant points of the topic.